I'll start to upload some of our games and put them here for discussion. It's not meant to blame stupid moves a single player made. It's to point out some stuff that went wrong and to help us to improve as a team.
Please watch the video first before reading the rest:
1. It took us to long to find out way to defend. With more practice this will be fixed and we won't get run down. I'll push to much in this situation. I thought there would just we the engi or a medic on bridge and I could go for a sneaky kill. Instead I get killed. If I have a pocket medic I might have a chance to survive my stupid move.
- Thunder needs a pocket medic, Shouldn't do stupi pushes
2. no engi. Because we had no engi at the moment the EV was repaired we had to make some suicide pushes to keep them away from the generator room instead of setting up a good defence.
- If it's clear that they will repair the EV we must have an engi. defence should be setup infront of the generator room and on the room right side (is it called laundry?)
3.wrong place to fight. The place to defend is on the top level/ bridges. You don't want to fight them at the escalator room. You want them to leave through it and to get shoot from the bridges. 2 Medics, 1 Fragger and 2 mercs to take down the Ev should be on the top level/bridges
4.Being late at 3rd Objective. We have to be earlier at the last Objective. That might mean we have to give up at the EV earlier if we have bad spawntimes, but we can't risk to lose the last Objective too fast, because we don't have a defence. In this case it was close, and we were kind of lucky.
5. There has to be a Aura and a healing station. It draws the attention of the enemy team and they have to waste nades to destroy it instead of using them against us. If it's taken out to fast, switch positions. There are positions where it is really hard to destroy it from the main entrance. I keep runing back to check for a healing station...I really missed one Other than that I liked our defence and our communication.
6. stupid longspawn. Perfect example how one bad move can fuck up a good defence. I played to risky because I thought I could send one of them into longspawn. Instead I end up in long, you guys are missing the main door defence and we are loosing the Objective. We can't set up the defence for the 2nd Objective and we are loosing it to.
7. First push. Needs more communication. we have to check out the defence and how to break it with the next push.
8.More varriation. Susliks meantioned at one point that their defence is far in the back. UNfortunatly I missed that call and we keep pusing bridge. A push over rampe/yellow sems to be more powerfull against that sort of defence. We have to do different pushes every spawn until we break their defence ( and our engi stays alive)
Another point no mentioned in the video is that we need more firepower for attacking. Sparks with 1k damage and Phoenix with 2k is not enough in over 20mins ranked. We need a good sawbonez (Ginro if you want to come back ) or maybe try to go with 3 dps mercs. Sparks seems not to be working great on a map like bridge. Manu, time to learn a new medic? I had it quite a few times that with just a little extra damage and support I would have been able to take out their heavy/medic combo.