Videos

Talk about other games you like in here.
RacX3r

General
Germany

Re: Videos

Postby RacX3r » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 pm

So when Im on a party every once in a while I miss Ricky playing Cloud Pirates? What the hell happended yesterday :D

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 am

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:17 am

Cloud Pirates has become unplayable for me since yesterday due to network issues. Just before that happened I was working on finalizing my build for the tier3 tank, Vetala.

- Fastest Tank in the tier about the same speed as a Frigate class. This allowed the possibility of forgoing the teleport and utilizing a full sustain 3 module setup.

- Shield tanking is the way to go on this vessel. It has a leech module that saps away enemy shields and gives it to me. There's a shield recovery module. It's front cannons sap enemy shields, works like the module. And to round out the build I used a hull repair mod to keep my HP 100% during those odd times when the enemy manages to sneak hull damage inbetween my shield related cooldowns.

Properly cycling between all my modules and rotating my cannon fire proved that I could 1v2 an enemy tank pocketed by a medic all on my own and still kill the both of them.

The only downside to this Heavy Galleon is it's very slow projectile speed on its' guns. This means smaller and faster ships can harass me unretaliated. For this reason, I opted for the burst fire Broadsides. It outputs less sustained damage when going against tanks but I gain the ability to clip smaller targets now and then doing enough damage to deter them from pursuing. It won't help against determined ace assassins however.

Having a Vetala on your team practically adds an extra ship for your side. The enemy needs to dedicate a healer to one of their tanks full time to even contest your Vetala. Flying without blinks and armed with only slow projectile weapons however puts enormous pressure on correct positioning. You do not want to be in a spot where flankers can swarm you without having an out while at the same time you want to be on the frontlines leading the charge.

It's a tricky balance but not an impossible task.

Video of my Vetala in action. Module cycle and weapon rotation demo. Also keep an eye on my green HP bar at the bottom left of the screen and see how it almost never goes down. Even when trading blows with the enemy the Vetala takes no hull damage while continuously dropping theirs in return.

(6m 30s)

edit: just realized this after watching it again.

At minute 5:00 I went pure 1v1 with a tank killer, the Whirlwind. At point blank range, the tank killer's shotguns do max potential damage against me. He died while I flew back into the next battle at 95% HP intact.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 am

Screenshot of modules and weapons:
http://i.imgur.com/1yPsKVy.jpg

Poke from afar and build up energy
When at max and all CDs are off;
Snipe front Torpedoes at max range applying AoE debuff
Teleport after them and proc AoE dmg
Stream Fire while debuff is still active
Pick a gun target, move into position and activate Energy Redirection as soon as Stream Fire expires
Total damage from torp to first gun overheat = 2,250
Assuming perfect execution, time = 9 seconds

All squishies die under maxed Stream Fire including Doom

--- vs good pilots that can counter Blaze ---

Swap out Energy Redirection for anti missile defense.
Use upgraded blink that gives +move speed

FLY into engagement WITH the team. Build up energy as you go in.
Face torp front guns at point blank range
Activate Stream Fire ASAP
Blink out as soon as Stream Fire expires.
Poke from a distance while team fights.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:59 am

Quest: Kount how many Kills made
Tip: Zero deaths.

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am

Not sure how viable the build is without Energy Redirection, since playing vs good opponents you'd need missile defense. I was using a similar build, just different side guns and missile defense. It played much as you play yours, get the AOE dmg buff and TP in with stream fire. I found that if the fight wasn't already going our way, what i was doing wasn't effective. Its around 1200~ dmg from a combo without side guns, basically enough to weaken shields but a healer can easily keep his team up through this. Works when you're ahead, not when you're behind.

If you didn't take missile defense, wouldn't another AOE dps module be better, Like the fire one? Maybe too much channeling of skills?

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:27 pm

its a pub stomp build.

like i said above, if your matchmaking pool got people who know how to deal with you, swap to missile defense and take the blink with move speed using it almost exclusively to tp out.

Stream Fire CD is ultra low but eats up 50% of your energy.

Taking only 1 reactor module means you can spam it as soon as it comes off cooldown.

Energy redirection (gun cooling) mod not only gives you the extra burst damage but also helps build energy faster.

That said, I fly both my medics without missile defense and do ok. It's doable, you just have to fly different.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:33 am

You know you're flying it right when ppl get mad at you for flying it.

Unlocked the Flow today, a medium cruiser that can teleport behind ppl and shove light beams up their ass. Scary shit.

(3 minutes)

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:28 pm

My first T4 ship, Strigoi. A shield tank with good bullet sponge potential.

Saving this clip for future reference as I tweak my upgrades.

1v2 encounter. Strigoi a heavy defensive galleon vs Voidwalker a heavy dps pocketed by his medic.

In a pure 1v1 scenario, that Voidwalker would've popped in a few seconds.

(2m25s)

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 am

My first video game in months !

Fortnite is a PUBG Battle Royale type game

It recently went Free2Play and a bunch of people started uploading Letsplay videos on it.
From what I've seen, it has better pacing than PUBG. Frequent action with shorter downtimes in between.

First impressions after playing it for an hour:

Good pace mainly due to smaller map, less open areas, more cover
Weapon mechanics are arcadey. Less BANG-DED! sudden deaths.
Pickups are easier to manage. Stuff are color coded and less of them to worry about.
Played the game at 5am USA and queues are instant so the game is populated for the time being.
USA/EU/OZ servers. Netcode is bad and playing it outside your region will be noticeable.

8 out of my first 9 rounds played I died seconds after landing and without a weapon
The one time I did get a weapon it was a pistol the dude infront of me didn't want.
I stalked him for a full minute and unloaded everything I had in the clip when i saw him crouch to pick up stuff from a crate.
Partly due to netcode partly due to huge weapon spread he didn't die. Turned around and killed me with his rifle instead.

The ONE time i did OK; and by ok I mean I managed to grab weapons upon landing instead of insta-dead, I died to someone who magically appeared out of thin air in the middle of the open outta nowhere while I had the wrong gun in hand. If he wasn't a hacker then the netcode is really THAT bad. But W/e.

Had fun with it and prolly play some more when I have time.

Decent time waster.

If anyone wants to give it a go:
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/download

Not on Steam and requires you to register on the app. Doesn't require you to open up email and validate.
As close to Susliks friendly as you can get if someone wants to refer him to the game.

Return to “Casual Games”