Battlerite

Talk about other games you like in here.
aczh

Creedling
United States of America

Battlerite

Postby aczh » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:47 am

Anyone plan on getting battlerite? 20 bucks now for all heroes forever, becomes f2p with hero unlocking early 2017.

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Maybe when it is f2p and when other Creedlings are playing it.

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:51 pm

It looked interesting, but i have no interest spending £15 for it. The mechanics are just like wow arena, i think the fun of it will fade due to lack of depth.

aczh

Creedling
United States of America

Postby aczh » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Hm, actually you're probably right. Not enough depth.

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:56 pm

I did eventually buy this yesterday, mainly because i was bored and it was an alternative to starting dota2 again; which i don't want. So far I rather like the game, started at a good time since they had a tournament on, i was able to get some insight into the game from watching it. The aesthetics i dislike, the style is meh, but the gameplay is enjoyable. While playing you don't care about the art style. Loot crates like OW, skins aren't very interesting but im sure they will improve this after F2P.

I found the learning curve rather acceptable, not too hard but with a good amount of extra depth. I compared it to WoW arena before, which is still valid, but i feel this game does so much better with its design than WoW. Its not pop cooldowns burst then afk for 2 min. Healing is important but its a lot different to most games. Your health pool lowers with more dmg you take, so you can't be healed up to max again. If you watched a video you can see the health bar get smaller and the "red" bar inside shows current health.

Ranked is strange, you always start at the lowest rank. You work up from there, its rather easy to go up compared to other games. 2v2 is real RNG like OW, 3v3 i feel skill becomes more important. Learning your skills is the minor part of the game(at least 9 abilities per champion), how to use them with your team is another. You're always trying to establish control of the centre, since you can gain health and "ult charge" from the sphere and orange orbs. So this is unlike WoW, you need to control and contest areas of the map.

Overall i like it, bigger population than DB and a working ranked system which feels rewarding. Enough depth to keep me engaged, but im sure that will come to an end at some point. 3v3 helps make the game better in this regard, since its coordination dependant. Unlike OW a single player can make a good amount of difference still.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:52 am

Can some one link videos worthwhile to watch please ?

Tournament vids, how to vids etc

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 am

https://www.twitch .tv/videos/124674515
https://www.twitch .tv/videos/124948064

Day 1 and 2 of the tournament, i highly suggest EU finals and semifinals.

General video:

Beyond that you will need specific champion guides.

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:25 pm

Pro tip: Don't go to steam community discussion for battlerite... its god awful. People crying about the hero they're playing being countered by range, people crying that ranked has a reward mount for top tier and they want mount rewards for bad players too.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Twitch links aren't working for me.
Went to YouTube and searched for EU finals, found one between Fun Times vs Counter Every Time. Was fun to watch.
Reminded me alot of Super Smash TV back in SNES lol

Ginro

General
Great Britain

Postby Ginro » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Alright i edited it with a space so it doesn't get linked to the forum plugin, copy paste and remove space.

https://www.twitch.tv/ videos/124948064?t=4h31m10s

for EU grand finals

Return to “Casual Games”