Osiris: New Dawn

Talk about other games you like in here.
Tricky

General
Great Britain

Osiris: New Dawn

Postby Tricky » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:54 pm

After crash-landing on an distant planet, build a colony with your friends, battle others and explore the system prospecting for immeasurable riches. Discover, fight, and tame indigenous alien creatures or search for lost human expeditions as you survive the far reaches of space.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402710/

Was wondering if anyone is giving this a go? Sounds interesting, although only Early Access at this point.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Negative reviews made up for 30% of total. That's high and usually indicative of something genuinely wrong.

Scanning over all negative reviews, most share a common theme. Laggy multiplayer. For us, that will definitely be a problem.

One other negative review in particular struck me as something valid. Arbitrary grind. Because the game lacks depth, it tries to mask the fact by lengthening the time to complete tasks. In this case it makes you walk around a whole lot for extended periods of time to do something completely simple. Looking for resources. This usually hints bad game design.

Now here's the problem:

Majority of negative reviews say the game has bad technical problems. Which is to say dev team are bad engineers. We now also have a review that strikes me as an authentic complaint that says the dev team is also bad at designing fun. So if they are bad at tech and also at design, wth then are they good at ?

From pictures and videos - it seems aesthetics.

So this game was probably made by a core of talented artists with poor engineering and game design. Question is - would you play a nice looking game even though it is unfun and buggy ?

This is just me guessing. But personally it doesn't look promising.

p.s. this post received over 500 views before I posted this reply.

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:55 pm

It'll be interesting to see how it evolves during Early Access, could be make or break going by the issues you found.

No idea about the views.

Return to “Casual Games”