Transport Fever

Talk about other games you like in here.
Duke
Korea North

Re: Transport Fever

Postby Duke » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:17 pm

I just gave them (5 trains) a couple more carriages and the line is now bringing in $2m a year profit. Nothing huge but will do as you suggest and build another track next to it and send some trains going the other direction :)

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:28 pm

circular routes are kind of strange. I've build one for the TGV and I make 30mio/year with the one clockwise one. On the other hand I lose 17mio/year with the anti clockwise one.
Imo best way to make money with trains is buy building double tracks ending in one train station and by connecting 2 or 3 cities with it. If you do more cities it's more risky that your whole line will break down if one train does something stupid.

@Tricky I'm absolutly sure that trains always try do take the right track if you run a double track. You can do these lines with a very little amount of traffic lights.

@duke can you upload your save file? I would like to see it :)

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 pm

RickyNeuman wrote:@Tricky I'm absolutly sure that trains always try do take the right track if you run a double track. You can do these lines with a very little amount of traffic lights.

You don't need a lot of lights necessarily, but you need some to break the track up otherwise they'll waste time with trains waiting for the next section to clear.

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:37 pm

yup, I just remembered when you showed me your last game with the insane amount of lights :)
In theory you just need one more secment than trains on the line, but I have some more just incase....

Duke
Korea North

Postby Duke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:30 pm

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks for sharing. I'll have a look at it tomorrow

Duke
Korea North

Postby Duke » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:20 pm

I started the next corner train loop which goes through 7 towns, again with 6 trains. During this I noticed my first train loop was replacing trains with just the main train engine itself and no carriages... I didn't know the replacement literally replaced the whole lot :shock: So quickly sorted that (hence graph dip in 2061) and second loop is now just getting going so will make profit this year.
20170204201700_1.jpg
20170204201700_1.jpg (463.37 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah, I noticed that little fault. I bet you'll do it just once ;)
I like the way the train loop is build. As Tricky mentioned earlier, a second track the otherway round could help increasing profit.
Some other stuff I noticed checking your game:
The line works, but could do more profit with more buses or even better with a simple city/city train connection. You could start with smaller trains and increase the size of them with the city growth.
Lorrie lines don't work like that. The distance is to long and the steel factory can only produce if they have a line the can take their products.
You have to add more bus stops to your bus lines if you want to cover the whole city. All ther green buildings don't have acces to your bus/train station. You'll get more passengers for both- bus and train- if the whole city is covered by the bus stations and the city will grow a lot faster.

I like the clear well structured way you build. Must be a familiy thing if I look at how Tricky builds.
If you want to get bigger cities you could start connection each city with its neighbour city by a simple double track/ into on station slot connection and by extending your bus lines. You've made enough money to do this pretty easily Industry isn't that important for your city growth.

On another note: I really love (or maybe hate) how Transport Fever turns into City Skylines at a later stage. You'll get so many traffic jams if you don't pay attention to your 3tram lines, 2 bus lines and 3 lorrie lines in a single city. You have to manage the way they come into stations and routes they take. That's the hardest and next thing I want to do. Inner city traffic optimzation....

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Duke
Korea North

Postby Duke » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've just created the third loop and just one more to do and then can look at sorting the buses and trucks out :)

Return to “Casual Games”