Transport Fever

Talk about other games you like in here.
RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Re: Transport Fever

Postby RickyNeuman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Duke, welcome to the forum.
Beautiful bridge xD
I would never have the patient setting up all the lorries. I just build a railroad and move to the next one. My game always ends out in a cluster fuck but cities and profit are growing :)

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Year 1995
Best line makes 50mio+/year
Biggest city 3560/3500/400
Income 818Mio
Profit 270Mio

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 am

Impressive. This game hasn't gone as well as my last big one. Not sure how I can get to those levels without starting over.

Duke
Korea North

Postby Duke » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:51 am

RickyNeuman wrote:Hi Duke, welcome to the forum.
Beautiful bridge xD
I would never have the patient setting up all the lorries. I just build a railroad and move to the next one. My game always ends out in a cluster fuck but cities and profit are growing :)

Thank you :) I only have a small amount of lorries, mainly kept to buses as they are quick to get going. I'm just about to kick off a major railway development to link all the towns, but fiddled with some of the roads to improve them in the meantime as it'll take some time to get this finished.

road improve.jpg
road improve.jpg (335.83 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

Quite satisfying to see them going quicker and a little less distance. This wasn't a bad example compared to some of the crazy windy roads in other parts of the map.

Oops :lol:

bridgerock.jpg
bridgerock.jpg (245.47 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

bridgerock2.jpg
bridgerock2.jpg (490.84 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Hah, nice ramp.

I've had to change tactic with my game, rather than making things look nice and efficient I'm ensuring I max out the industry better and run lots of tracks if I need to. My target is improving my income per year, gone from 350-550k in my last couple of games.

Might have to think about starting a new one some when :o

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm in year 2000 now, and I don't know what to do anymore. I guess next step would we to rebuild railways, trainstation and streets in the cities to my maximize profit. Right now some of the bigger cities (close to the river) are suffering from traffic jams- need more bridges and better line managment.
Furthermore I should replace some older passenger lines with new ones for more profit, but I'm kind of to lazy for that becasue the old ones are still amking good money.

Are there any badges after the year 2000?

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:00 pm

I guess we could either swap saves again for ideas, or stream and talk through what we've done.

RickyNeuman wrote:Are there any badges after the year 2000?

Don't think so.

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:14 pm

my game:
https://ufile.io/9ed9b

but it's probably better I explain what I did via stream

Duke
Korea North

Postby Duke » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm

So I've made the move from converting buses to trains and it wasn't so straight forward (Tricky did tell me this :eating:). I decided to split my map in to the four corners and link the towns in each of those corners to the the towns in the area in one circular route. So far I've just done one corner which has a route of about 6-7 towns. I removed the buses going to the nearby towns and directed them to take passengers from the middle of the town to the railway station I'd just built on the perimeter.

I picked one of the cheaper multi trains and left 5-6 of them going around which gave a 3 minute wait time and they were losing money. Adding carriages didn't help, even though they were carrying more, the additional cost out weighed it. I tried a few combinations and straightened out a couple of corners which were slowing them down but it just wouldn't quite make profit.

Eventually I ditched them and went to a diesel train and picked the cheapest carriages. The running cost overall by train has dropped from 2.22m/year to 1.70m/year yet they only carry 10 less passengers and still goes the same speed (about 90mph).

Graph below shows me fiddling from about 2023 - 2036. I just spotted one year did actually make profit at 2033 but not sure now what set up that was. The last 3 years have the new trains up to speed so can see they bring in less income but cost way less to operate, hence now making a profit, albeit small.

So now you know :p And I expect Tricky is right in saying before that a circular route whilst seems easy and good isn't probably the best.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.34 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

Tricky

General
Great Britain

Postby Tricky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 pm

So you don't have to start over I'd suggest making your circular line into two tracks and having some trains going in the other direction and see what happens. You might get more passengers going.

I'd imagine with the setup you have, there are relatively low passenger numbers over the year but because the trains were full they are taking longer journeys. I think money wise Transport Fever favours lots of passengers over how long the journey is.

As I mentioned before, I think the way the game deals with demand, and journeys passengers choose to take, favours having point to point, city to city lines.

Return to “Casual Games”