Warmerise

Talk about other games you like in here.
Third

Creedling
United States of America

Warmerise

Postby Third » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 am

Hey guys, I've been playing this again after a couple years of not visiting it. Something (not sure what) happened to all the old accounts so everything was wiped fresh. "New" warmerise isn't even a month old I think.

I've gone ahead and reserved the Creed tag if anyone wants to join me (http://warmerise.com/profile/Third) (http://warmerise.com/group/249). I love how rough around the edges it is. Reminds me so much of the begone I loved. Pretty active too.

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 am

Is there an active playerbase?

Third

Creedling
United States of America

Postby Third » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:08 pm

RickyNeuman wrote:Is there an active playerbase?

During low traffic time its ~100 players (right now 4am Western U.S.) and I've seen a peak of ~700. That being said, I don't play during high traffic times so I can't really say. Players are starting to trickle back to it, it was down for 4 months while the developer (Max) ported it to WebGL so that it could run on Unity's updated engine.

I know its dead compared to major titles, but it is the closest thing I can find to the pick-up and play, fast paced action that was Begone (R.i.p.). I also like the tactics you can use for different styles of rushing with the Gravity gun that pulls you across the map. So much I need to learn still. :)

RyuK

Creedling
Brazil

Postby RyuK » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Warmerise community is worse than begone turks. Even the non turks are toxic, not a place Creed would like to be in.
Anyway Im requesting to join, my name there is Dante.

Third

Creedling
United States of America

Postby Third » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 am

It's a free, online competitive FPS game. Toxicity exists at a foundational level in every FPS game I have ever played. From Begone to the COD franchise. I think its naive to expect anything more out of any game that throws two sides against each besides an informal "GG" at the end. Especially when a large percentage of FPS player bases are teenagers who's brains have not yet emotionally matured. When looking for a game, I search for overall enjoyment first, developer dialogue second, and then overall activity of the player base. To place the negative attitudes of a game's player base at the top of that list may discredit the remaining pros of a game. I think it would be very easy to lead by example as a top notch, mature clan within a toxic community. I'm not saying Warmerise is The Game for Creed, but to so easily brush aside a game because of the player bases' attitude without weighing the merits of the game is premature. :)

I've put about 15 hrs into warmerise so far and haven't experienced any toxicity in English. But there have been a lot of non-english speakers so who knows. :haha:
Looking forward to playing with anyone who wants to. :)

RyuK

Creedling
Brazil

Postby RyuK » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:45 am

I have been member of the most famous clan in warmerise's history and leader since 2014. I can tell you, the people who just have little skills think theyre legends of the game.. Its so funny. Anyway Ive spent 1,5 year in that game, not willing to come back as active player. I dont like Max either, his decisions aint that smart, he listens to 10yo kids very often.

Return to “Casual Games”