Videos

Talk about other games you like in here.
RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Re: Videos

Postby RickyNeuman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Yeah, Kine video time :)... I missed that.

I'll might give the game a go if that means playing with Creedlings

RickyNeuman

General
Germany

Postby RickyNeuman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Did the last guy jump down the mountain?

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Unranked competitive mode. Ironically, the teams are better here. Upload worthy for me coz frankly both sides were awesome. I don't think anybody sucked and both teams played the game like pros.

Recording software is limited to 20 minutes only so the pick and ban phase of the draft didn't make it. Video starts at around early mid-game which suits me fine coz I had a horrible laning phase during the start. Kinda rusty after not having played the game in months.

My hero pick is a utility support type. Job was supposedly to baby sit our carry dps, shielding him whenever he dives in. But for one reason or another, I ended up split soaking xp / counter pushing lanes coz that's what was needed.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:46 am

To my surprise, I do not hate this game.

Gave it a pass when they first announced their beta. Devs sounded like a bunch of engineers who came up with a cool new tech but had little idea on what makes a good game. A couple years later, turns out I was right. The base game is bland.

But they did get some BIG things VERY right.

1. They didn't screw up their F2P financial model like Dreadnought.
2. They balanced their flight and combat mechanics just right that it almost feels like Star Conflict.
3. Tierless.

Tierless being the biggest win for me.

They have 30 odd ships and all of them are balanced as close to even to one another. All within the same power bracket so there are no tiers. There are no stronger ships getting mixed into lower tiers crushing poor newbies. Every ship is of equal power. And for me this is huge.

Is it 100% fair? Not really. The game still rewards veterancy via crews that modify (read: strengthen) your ships. +5% here, +10% there. But compare that to tier mixing in other F2P games of this genre, I'm more than happy to overlook this one infraction.

Unfortunately; and sadly, the game is ultra niche.

Talking about a concurrent playerbase smaller than Guns of Icarus lmao. As years go by it becomes clearer and clearer to me that the space combat crowd really do just want their freedom to fly around shooting stuff and not be judged or measured for it. And Fractured Space is designed ENTIRELY around doing the exact opposite thing these kids want.

There is only one game mode. And it's DOTA. With all the toxicity and penis measuring that comes with a MOBA game mode.
I'm perfectly fine with it but looking at player numbers it's obvious the rest of the world isn't.
Except the Devs haven't caught on with that fact yet.

So:

Awesome flight and combat. Fair F2P model with no tiers. DOTA in space. Good looking space faring vehicles that looks straight outta 'The Expanse'.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:25 am

Didn't mention one other cool feature - Locational damage - Just like Cloud Pirates.

Every ship has 6 sides of armor. Front, Back, Sides, Top and Bottom. If one side takes enough of a beating it will eventually 'break'. When that happens, any more damage you take on that location will be amplified. When playing tank, managing armor is important.

Here's a short 1 minute clip of a game I had today. Made it out of there on less than half a percent of life left woot.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Every new account starts off with one free vanilla starter ship, the Pioneer.

Here's me, the lowest level player in that match flying his free starter ship. Default fittings and crew.

First Blood, Top Frag, MVP.

(Almost zero deaths but I died at the end trying to secure the win.)
- 17minute video -

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:28 am

Teams can live without medics in Fractured Space.

1. Self preservation via jump back to base mechanic is more crucial
2. Very low Healing versus Damage per minute stats mean medics are only really there to make sure you claim a kill in an otherwise 50-50 trade-off scenario.
3. Medics are notoriously easy to assassinate if the enemy sets their mind to it.

All in all - medic in Fractured Space is 'optional'.
I think I like it that way.

In Star Conflict and Overwatch ... if your team didn't run a healer, you've just lost even before the match began. Not the case in Fractured Space.

That is not to say medics are useless but rather, your team have to build and play around having a healer to make it worth losing 1 dps. If your team voluntarily wants to lose one gun shooting consistently at the enemy - there better be a reason for it. Personally I find that proposition refreshing.

As an aside, my win rate flying this healer ship in the video is 33%
My win rate flying the heavy defensive tank is 80% ++
Win rate flying the heavy attack tank is 100%

Maybe my tank main affinity from Star Conflict at work or just maybe healers are useless if Kine isn't doing the tanking. Dunno.

Uploaded this one coz zero deaths as medic. Which isn't normal in quick match pvp. Also my personal reference video from a backline POV on what makes a good tank. One way to learn and be better at tanking is to play medic and watch another person do your regular job. See where he sucked. Think about what you would've done better etc. Study how much you can push the envelope. Learn to spot good DPS versus bad DPS players and the good or bad plays they often make.

Kine

Creedling
Malaysia

Postby Kine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Another Colossus upload, I swear this isn't the only tank I fly. Nice technical match, decent coordination and opponent put up a good fight. Zero deaths, tied for top kills and obscene amount of objective captures... stuff you don't normally expect to get as a tank. You're bait so you'd expect to die once in a awhile. Tanks also have low dps so shouldn't lead on kills and being slow as fuck you shouldn't be capping objectives either. But hey.. I like breaking the rules.

Return to “Casual Games”